BANJAWARN SHORTLISTED FOR THE WA PREMIER'S BOOK AWARDS
Banjawarn by Josh Kemp (UWAP 2022) has been shortlisted for the Premier's Prize for an Emerging Writer worth $15,000.
The Premier’s Prize for an Emerging Writer Shortlist:
- Acacia House by Vivien Stuart (self-published)
- Banjawarn by Josh Kemp (UWA Publishing)
- Bone Picker by Thomas Simpson (Ginninderra Press)
- T by Alan Fyfe (Transit Lounge)
- The Assassin Thief by Madeline Te Whiu (New Dawn Publishing)
For information about the Awards, go to the State Library of Western Australia’s website.
The awards support, develop and recognise excellence in writing. The $60,000 Western Australian Writer’s Fellowship is one of the most valuable awards in Australian arts. The brand-new category Premier’s Prize for Book of the Year, sponsored by Writing WA, was open to any style or genre of book. The awards are open to primarily Western Australian authors except for the Daisy Utemorrah Award, open Australia wide.
The Awards will be presented at the State Library of Western Australia in June 2023.
Congratulations to Josh and his fellow shortlistees!